Tent Rotterdam's Post Opera Exhibiton
From artserver wiki
- Institution: Tent Rotterdam
- Curators: Kris Dittel and Jelena Novak
- Artists: Mercedes Azpilicueta and John Bingham-Hall, Adam Basanta, Paul Elliman, franck leibovici, Ho Tzu Nyen, Janneke van der Putten, Urok Shirhan, Martin Riches and Tom Johnson, Jasna Veličković, Suzanne Walsh, Geo Wyeth, Katarina Zdjelar, and Jan Adriaans
- Exhibition light & sound playback network: Andre Castro
- URL: https://www.tentrotterdam.nl/en/show/next-up-post-opera/
- Code repository: https://gitlab.com/Castro0o/postopera
For the Post Opera I developed a system to sequence the sound playback and light cues of different works present in the exhibition, so they wouldn't overlap, but run in cycles.
The system consisted of a network formed by:
- several RaspberryPis (one per piece), used as playback devices
- laptop functioning the central node that controlled the RaspberryPi
- network switch to which all Pis & laptop connected to
- DMX mixer & dimmer pack
A simple Python reads sound and light cues from a spreadsheet and send those cues as ssh commands to the Raspberry Pis on local area network, whom respond by playing back the designed tracks. Light cues are send as MIDI messages to the DMX mixer.
... more about "Tent Rotterdam's Post Opera Exhibiton"
Date"Date" is a type and predefined property provided by Semantic MediaWiki to represent date values.